Sunday, February 22, 2015

{ " My Valentine " }

I know I'm a week late... but, better late than never, right? 
Needless to say, my wonderful fiance was my Valentine this year. 
It was a totally new concept for me, because I've never actually really celebrated Valentine's Day. I've given friends little valentines, and I've always acknowledged the day, but I've never had a Valentine. And, to think that next year my Valentine won't be my fiance anymore... He'll be my husband! 




John spoiled me to death on Valentine's Day. I guess I should have seen it coming though, because he spoils me every chance he gets. I had the most wonderful day. It started off with him arriving at our house with roses, and chocolate. I've never liked roses. Or so I thought... Because it was him handing me those beautiful roses, I couldn't not like them. We were going out to lunch, so we headed to the car, and in the passenger's seat was a little brown bear, an envelope, and a little blue box. Inside the box was a beautiful sterling silver bracelet. The outer edge has the coordinates to the place we met engraved on it, and inside it reads "forever and a day", which is our little saying. That was such an amazing surprise. A few weeks prior I had been telling him, and mom about wanting a bracelet just like the one he gave me, and the thought was really what struck me. He had to find the coordinates, find somewhere to get the bracelet, and remember exactly how I had said I wanted it. So after I almost cried, we went out to have lunch at Uno's, which was amazing! Then we went to see a movie... The only movie that was even the slightest bit intriguing was Paddington. Believe it or not I actually loved the movie. It was so cute, and definitely not too childish. I do believe we were the only young couple that went to see that movie on Valentine's Day... but, we're supposed to be different!

So I had a wonderful Valentine's Day, and I wouldn't change one part of it! 
I'm so blessed that God gave me such an incredible man to spend the rest of my life with! 

xoxo, 

No comments:

Post a Comment