Monday, March 17, 2014

{ " Herbal Essences // Set Me Up Hairspray " }

Here I am with another review, finally! This will just be a quick one, because there's not too much to say about a hairspray...

I picked this hairspray up, when I had a coupon in my Sunday paper, which pretty much made it free. The only reason I thought to try it was, because of a hair tutorial I watched by Mallory Cornelison (mallory1712) on YouTube. She used this hairspray, and basically said it was like cement. I have been looking for a hairspray that would keep my unruly bangs, and layers back while I had my hair up. I have tried several, and they were either sticky, crunchy, or they just didn't work. So, I basically didn't find any that I was pleased with.

This hairspray pictured is only number 2
in hold strength, but the one I have
and that I am reviewing is number 4 hold.
Let me tell you all. This hairspray is absolutely incredible. It says MAX hold, and it is. I did my hair at about 9:00 this morning, in a french braid, with my bangs kind of just swept back with no part... Hard to explain. I can't normally get my hair to stay in a french braid for longer than an hour or two. Layers always fall out, and I end up having to completely redo it. Well let me tell you this...

This hairspray, rocks. It is now 3:00 in the afternoon, and my hair looks exactly like it did when I did it this morning. I even had to take out a couple of bobby pins that were hurting my head, and my hair is still perfect. I am so pleased!
I don't feel like it looks crunchy, or stiff. There are little baby hairs that loosened around my face, but I like that look anyways. I was able to adjust the hair slightly right after spraying the hairspray, but then it hardened to a cement like finish. I used Mallory's little trick and kind of pinched the hair up on my bangs to keep the volume, and not cause it to be completely flat. My bangs have stayed in place, and haven't budged at all. Normally my bangs completely fall in my face, no matter how much hairspray I use. This spray really is incredible. My hair still looks shiny, probably even more shiny than before, and like I said, it doesn't look like I sprayed cement all over it.

The price is amazing at only around $3.00 at Walmart.
It is quite a nice scent, that lingers in the hair. The scent is described as a "Lilly Bliss fragrance", and it is kind of a sweet floral scent.

I'm just so happy with this, and I know that I will definitely repurchase it in the future. Hands down the best maximum hold hairspray I have ever tried! I recommend it to anyone who wants a nice firm hold hairspray at a good price.


No comments:

Post a Comment