Friday, March 14, 2014

{ " Sally Hansen Insta-Dri // Petal Pusher " }

As of late I have been absolutely loving "nude" nails. I have had to hold back from buying Essie's Fiji for quite some time. Every time I see it in the store my hand reaches for it, and I have to whack myself in the head and remind myself that I'm not going to spend $8.75 on a nail polish.

So, in search of a perfect "nude" polish, I picked up a few. This one, by Sally Hansen is my favorite so far. It is a gorgeous pink based nude, a very light, soft pink. I feel like pink based nudes look best on my skin tone. Brown based nudes aren't quite as attractive on me.

I had never tried a polish from the Insta-Dri line, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I definitely wasn't expecting a long lasting finish, or even shine for that matter. I applied it last night for the first time, and put on one thin coat, which was surprisingly opaque, but somewhat streaky. It dried pretty quickly, but wasn't shiny at all (which was too bad, because the formula is pretty thick and you are supposed to only use one coat). I then applied a second coat, and it was completely opaque. Only one nail had a little streaky appearance, but that's because I messed up that one nail a little bit. It dried to a beautiful shiny finish, and dried at a good rate, not super fast, then again you're only supposed to use one coat.
It definitely was not long lasting, seeing as right after I took a shower this morning several of my nails were chipped. The color is so gorgeous, that I won't let the chipping bother me. I don't mind reapplying my nail polish every night, especially when the color is this gorgeous.
Also, the brush is the super wide, amazing brush that I love, so that makes it even more better!





The color isn't quite showing up true to color on camera, it is a little bit more pink than it looks in the photos. 
The first photo is one coat, pretty streaky, definitely not wearable like that. The second photo is self-explanatory. ;) The third photo is two coats, completely opaque and absolutely gorgeous! The forth photo just shows the shine quite well, with no topcoat. 

This is definitely my go-to color for when I don't know what color to paint my nails. I end up painting my nails this color several times a week, so I'll probably be repurchasing this one sometime soon. ;) 

So yes, just a little jump back into blogging. I'll hopefully have some new reviews up pretty soon... We'll see what happens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment