Sunday, March 30, 2014

{ " NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss // Nude Pink " }

- Thank YOU Blogger for absolutely killing the quality of this photo, and making it look nasty and green!  Just what I wanted! - 


So, my CVS started carrying NYX products... which is amazing, and dangerous at the same time. (I am in love with their Butter Glosses, and I already have five, this gives me a way to get my hands on more...) I had seen the display a couple months ago, but I kept myself from buying anything. Then I was there again last week, and I couldn't resist. I had heard a ton of good things about these Mega Shine lip glosses, so I decided to try one. 

I was looking for a different color, that I can't recall the name of, but I ended up picking this one up. I have a love-hate relationship with this gloss... It's okay. Definitely not amazing. 

Price: Around $4.99 (CVS, Ulta - etc.)
Scent: Disgusting - I'm sorry, but it is. I have heard people on YouTube talk about how the scent/taste is nice, and kind of cherry like. Then I've heard some talk about how it is horrible. Well, it's nasty. I just hate it. The very first time I put it on I was tempted to wipe it off. It smells exactly like Benadryl. Like, children's, nasty, horrifying, pink Benadryl. Guess what it tastes like! That's right, that fake, cherry, soapy Benadryl. Now, I can't say if all of them taste/smell like this, but this one does, and it's horrible. It kind of made my lips feel funny as well, almost tingle a little. 
Packaging: I love the packaging. The tube is the same exact color as the gloss inside. (I'm unable to tell if the tube is clear, and you see the gloss, or if the tube is opaque and the same color as the gloss.) The tube is also a square, which is totally awesome. I love square lip products, because they don't roll about when I'm trying to photograph them! Also, there is an absolutely adorable little 3D bow on the cap, which c'mon, all girls love bows. 
Formula: The pigmentation is pretty awesome. This is more like a lacquer than a gloss. It is quite pigmented, and very light on the lips. It's not sticky at all, and just glides on smoothly. It does settle into the lines of my lips, which isn't very attractive. I don't know if it's just this color, or if it's the whole line of the glosses. But, I don't really appreciate it. It doesn't stay very long on the lips, but it's a gloss, glosses don't usually last very long. I love the color, I just wish the formula was a little more agreeable. 

I'm in the middle with this product. I think I'd give it 3.5 stars, because the pigmentation, and the color are gorgeous. It's not sticky, and it goes on very smoothly. This gloss is pretty shiny, but nothing amazing. It's just disappointing that it settles in the lip lines, and that the smell/scent is absolutely disgusting. I'd like to try some other colors, but we'll see if I'm brave enough! 

There are definitely better glosses out there...


No comments:

Post a Comment