Sunday, February 1, 2015

{ " Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm " }

Well, I've been quite daring as of late, and I've been trying out some more bold lip colors. I've mainly been playing around with reds, and while this particular one isn't my favorite shade, I've grown to like it.

I wear very minimal makeup, as in tinted moisturizer, and a small amount of mascara. So, I never knew if I could pull off something as daring as a red lip. It's definitely intimidating, and I'm not sure if I can technically pull it off, but I'm trying! My fiancè didn't run away in fear when he first saw it, in fact he complimented me on my bold choice!

This color is a little bit bright, and a little bit orange for my tastes, but I'm warming up to it. The one thing I noticed is that it is super drying. The color is extremely pigmented, and it wears for a good while, without leaving a dark stain. It is quite matte, not too too dry, but pretty matte.

I suppose this is more of a swatching post than an actual review, because I'm out of practice, and reviews seem so difficult right now! I would describe this as a slightly warm red, which I think I should have opted for a cool toned red, but that's okay! I'm still not sure if this particular red suits me, I actually prefer a glossy red. I used a very light application with this, and I blended it in with  my fingers. The crayon shape helps for more precise application, but you definitely need a lip liner. I used a universal/clear lip liner from Rimmel (which actually feels like dragging a candle on your lips, definitely not fond of that one!). I did find that I was left with a red rim on the edges of my lips, and the color definitely wore in the center first. I would like to try other colors from this collection though, so I can try out some more matte lip colors.

** Just a note, the color is a lot brighter than it is appearing on my lips in the photos. It's closer to the color of the actual hand swatch. **








What do you think? Can I pull off a red lip? Are you one to dive into bold lip colors with very minimal makeup?
I'll have a swatch of a Maybelline Color Elixr coming up soon, because it's my new favorite gloss to wear! Hopefully I'll have that up by Tuesday.

Thanks for reading!
xoxo,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment