Sunday, January 12, 2014

{ " The Body Shop - Shea Body Butter " }



I apologize for the time span that is occuring between posts... I just can't seem to be able to sit and write any reviews lately... This one has been written over the course of three days, if that says anything.

I have heard so many things about The Body Shop's signature body butters. Most of the things I have heard about them were endless praises. I have been wanting to try one of their body butters for the longest time, but I couldn't get myself to spend $19.00 on a body butter. It just seemed like an insane amount of money to spend on something that was like a lotion. I know it is a good amount of product, but still, that is a lot of money.

Well, I was at Ulta on Tuesday, and I saw one of the little "sample" sized body butters at the checkout. (They really draw you in at the checkout with all those nifty little things to stare at while you're waiting... it really is at trap.) They were $5.00 each, so I grabbed the only scent they had there, which was the Shea body butter.

Let me tell you right now.
I am so tempted to buy a full size, in a different scent, but nonetheless... this product is incredible.

So, let's get a little bit personal here. I have Raynaud's disease in my toes on both feet, and I am developing it in my hands. I have extremely dry feet to begin with, and then I develop ulcers (which are extremely painful, especially when I stub my toes on something), more dry patches, and then when the ulcers break the dry skin around them snags. Sounds gross, but that's just what happens. The ulcers, and soreness in my toes become even more painful when the skin is so dry and cracked.


I'm pretty sure anyone could see the difference, but I can actually feel the difference.
I had not been able to find a moisturizer that takes care of my dry, cracked feet and in turn help with the soreness. 

Well. This moisturizer does exactly what I needed it to do. 

At first when I opened it, I was quite surprised for some reason. It is not whipped, it does not look like a cream, it literally looks like butter. And guess what, it feels like butter too! I dipped my finger in it to use some on my hands, and I was surprised when it wasn't like a cream. You can kind of press down on the top of it, and it just squishes. It's rather amusing. But, anyways you kind of have to dig into it the first time, either that or just rub the top of it quite a bit. I used it on my hands, and at first it felt slightly greasy. I don't normally moisturize my hands, because I have never been able to find a moisturizer that does not make my hands feel uncomfortable, or greasy. The scent was very, very strong though. At first the scent was awful. I put it on before I went somewhere and all I could smell was that. I'm getting used to the scent though, and I'm actually kind of growing to like it, I'm sensing a vanilla undertone.

When I got home I decided to try a little on my feet. So, I smoothed a little bit (literally, all you need is a tiny bit, this stuff is so thick and smooth) onto my toes, heels and the sides of my feet. I then put on some socks and went to bed. In the morning I repeated it. I have been doing this for the last six days, and my feet are no longer dry, and cracked. They are smooth, hydrated, and they don't look half as nasty as they did before, which is a plus. Also, my hands get a little TLC while I'm putting the cream on my feet. 

I don't really think this has any cons, except for the price. I don't think I'll be dishing out $20.00 for one of these body butters anytime soon. I will, however, be keeping my eyes peeled at TJ Maxx, and Marshalls for them, and snatch up whatever ones I find! 

Thanks for reading! 
If anyone wants to buy the Satsuma body butter... Feel free. I'll love you for forever. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment