Thursday, January 16, 2014

{ " NYX Butter Gloss " }

Left to right: Creme Brulee // Merengue // Vanilla Cream Pie // Maple Blondie // Peaches and Cream

My attempt at an artsy photo.


Left to right: Creme Brulee // Merengue // Vanilla Cream Pie // Maple Blondie // Peaches and Cream


I first purchased three of these glosses back in the summer, the first time I went to Ulta. The first colors I bought were Creme Brulee, Vanilla Cream Pie and Peaches and Cream. I fell in love with these the first time I put one on my lips. They are so pillowy (not a real word...), smooth, and soft on the lips. Not to mention they are extremely opaque. In the swatches above, it is only one "swipe" on my arm of each color.

Creme Brulee is a warm toned nude. It has a slight brown tint, but it doesn't stand out. I quite like it, and I can't often pull off nudes. Merengue (I'm being told this is spelled incorrectly... but this is how it's spelled on the bottom of the tube. Curiouser, and curiouser...) is a bright, "Barbie", blue toned pink. It is definitely my favorite, and is my everyday gloss color. It is the perfect pink-nude lip, and I end up wearing this every day, at some point in the day. I absolutely love the color, it's opaque, and so gorgeous! Vanilla Cream Pie is a beautiful deeper pink. It is not quite bright, but isn't a nude. It is an easy pink to wear, and believe it would work with any skin tone. Maple Blondie is a peachy pink. It will be an absolutely gorgeous summer/spring color. It may even be bordering on coral. Peaches and Cream is a bright pinky coral. I don't quite see any peach in this one, but it really is beautiful. This is definitely more of a summer/spring color, so I haven't worn it at all during the winter and fall months. 

These glosses are extremely creamy. When they say they are like butter, they literally are. I love the feeling of them on the lips. Like I said before, they are almost cushiony (I'm making up words left and right.). They are very comfortable on the lips, and are quite hydrating. There is not any stickiness whatsoever, which is also pretty rare. They are not exactly long lasting, but there aren't many glosses that are. They have a nice little doe-foot applicator, which is very soft and helps apply the color nicely. They don't really have a flavor... the scent is light and buttery, kind of like cupcakes. The color of the gloss is pretty much the exact color of the tube, which is great. They are extremely opaque, and you really just need one layer to get the full color on your lips. The lightest color Creme Brulee is not easy to get on evenly, but it's possible. I normally apply them by applying the gloss to my lower lip, and then rubbing my lips together. It seems to work well for me, and come out evenly every time! They run for $4.99 each at Ulta, but I purchased mine on sales. They are totally worth the price, definitely worth every penny!

There is only one more color from this line that I am looking out for, which is Cherry Pie. It is a beautiful red, and I'm hoping to get my hands on it the next time I go to Ulta. They haven't had it any of the times I have been there, they have only had the tester.  

I'm sure this review was probably all over the place, but I hope you get the point. 
These glosses are stinking awesome! I don't have many lip products that I own five of the same kind, actually... I don't have any besides these! They're my absolute favorites, and I don't think I'll find anything to replace them anytime soon! 

Enjoy the little things... like lip gloss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment