Monday, January 27, 2014

{ " Julep - Ta Da! Quick Dry Drops " }

My friend Coralie lent me a bunch of her Julep nail stuff to try out, and review, which is super exciting!

I couldn't wait to try out the quick drying drops.
She hadn't even opened the bottle yet, so I got to do the honors of pulling the seal off. The first thing I noticed about the bottle is that it is huge, which is awesome. All of the quick dry drops I have seen at the store have been small bottles. This bottle is 1 fluid ounce (30ml), which is actually a lot of product.

The bottle is glass, with a very long, skinny dropper. The cap is black plastic, and the little squeezy part is a black soft rubber. I love the look of the bottle, and it's something I wouldn't mind displaying with my nail polishes.

I decided it would be best to try the quick dry drops with one of the Julep polishes, because I wanted to see the performance with the Julep polish.

You can find this product here: Ta Da! Quick Dry Drops
And the polish I am wearing here: Tatiana



Claims/Benefits/Features: 
- Reduces polish dry time
- Nourishes nails with botanical oils and vitamin e
- Scented with lavender and ylang ylang
(above taken from Julep website)

Price: $14.00 ($11.20/Maven)

The back of the box says:

With so many places to be and things to see, who has time to sit around watching polish dry? 
These game-changing drops will leave your manicure touchably smudge-free in just a few minutes. Vitamin E and essential oils keep nails nourished and conditioned.

To use: wait one minute after your final coat of polish, then apply 1-2 drops to the base of each nail.

The ingredients are listed on the bottom of the box.

Ingredients: Disiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Prunus Amygadalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Canaga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, BHT. 

So, as you can see the ingredients consist of a lot of oils, which is pretty awesome.

It smells delicious. I mean, I wouldn't literally want to eat it, but I was expecting it to have a strong chemical scent. The scent is hard to explain. I can definitely smell the lavender, but there is a citrus note in there too, and oddly enough I can detect some pine. Not that how it smells really matters, but using nail products that smell horrible isn't exactly fun. The scent lingers on the nails/fingers for a little while, but I didn't mind because I actually like the scent.

I applied two coats of the polish, with no base coat, then waited about 2 minutes for each hand. Then I filled the dropper up with the liquid and dripped one drop on each nail. It was amazing to watch how it just seemed to spread over, and cover the nail completely. There is oil left around the nail, but I didn't wipe it off or anything. I have seen with a lot for quick dry drops that you don't wipe off the residue. So I left the oil on, figuring it was beneficial for my cuticles. After probably about two minutes I touched my pinky on my left hand, and it was dry to the touch. Smooth and dry. I then tapped my two pinky nails together and there was no stickiness. They just clicked together, and that was that. My nails were completely dry! I can't really say if they were super shiny or not, because I used a glittery, already shiny polish (which I'm just not going to give back, and hope she doesn't notice, because it's insanely gorgeous and I can't stop looking at my nails. ;)). My nails are still very smooth though, and there have been no dents no matter how many times I've accidentally smacked my nails against something. Actually about ten minutes after applying the drying drops I nicked my nail against the side of my bed, and expected to have a huge chip, dent, or smudge, and nothing! The nail was still completely smooth!

It is only the day after I painted my nails, so I can't tell you if it prolongs the wear of the polish. The only chip I have is where my nail was broken, so that chips off almost immediately because of the break in the nail. Otherwise there are no chips. There is a little bit of shrinkage on the edge of a couple of nails, but nothing major or too noticeable. That is bound to happen with quick dry topcoats and polishes anyways. I think it might be more noticeable if it was used with a darker polish, which I will try next time.

I'm quite pleased with this product, and if the polish stays on for more than two days without major chipping, I'll be very impressed! I would probably be tempted to buy this product if I get a coupon or a good sale!

I will be doing a review on the Julep polishes (I have quite a few, but I never wear them because I don't care for the colors) soon, with swatches and what not!
She also gave me the Freedom Top Coat from Julep, which I am planning on using on three nails, and then using Seche Vite on two nails, to see which wears faster, then I will review the Freedom Top Coat as well.

I will pop in a little UPDATE once I see how the polish wears with the quick dry drops.
Thanks for reading, I hope this was helpful!
A big thanks to Coralie for letting me try all of these wonderful goodies out! ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment