Tuesday, January 14, 2014

{ " Get excited! " }

Well, I'm at least going to get excited, because the stores are starting to stock up with brand new products for 2014!
I went to Walmart yesterday, to pick up a prescription for my dad, and I just happened to wander into the hair care aisle. I'll be honest... I could have bought so many different new products, but I held back, and only grabbed a few that intrigued me. I think people might have found me to be a little strange, because I was in that aisle for over 20 minutes, and I was moving down the aisle at a slow rate, reading the ingredients of many different products. Oh well, it was fun, and I only got one "annoyed" look, because I was standing in front of something another woman wanted to look at... The horror!

So, I picked up these four products, one of which is not new to stores, but is new to me:


Let's all take a moment to look at this photo, and notice there is no snow, and that it was fifty degrees yesterday, which allowed me to lay out on the deck with my products to take photos of. I think my neighbor may have the idea  that I am kind of crazy... 

So, here are the products, and some "first impressions" - full reviews will come when I have had more time to try these products out:

1) it hair care - Illuminating Instant Shine & Finishing Spray
   - This "shine spray" is from a brand I have never even seen before, so of course I was intrigued. I love finishing sprays, and I don't actually own a firm hold hairspray at the time... because I just keep forgetting to buy one I suppose. First of all, the can is absolutely gorgeous. It's gold, and shiny, with big sparkle star things... and I love it. The back says it has flexible hold, and it provides some percentage of amazing shine. I love the nozzle, it sprays out incredibly fine. It doesn't have much of a specific scent, I really can't explain what it smells like. I did try it out, and it made my floor extremely slippery. It somehow also made the hallway outside of my room slippery as well, and my brother ended up slipping and falling... That's slightly dangerous.

2) L'Oreal Paris - Sleek It Iron Straight Heat Spray
   - I used this this morning when I straightened my hair (as I do almost every morning *le sigh*), and I can't tell if I like it. The spray is very fine, and I like the nozzle. It is kind of like the Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray nozzle. It's like a spray bottle, rather than a little push down sprayer. Which is nice, especially when you're working with a product that is potentially slippery. The mist is very fine, but it sprays out quite a "wide" spray... If that makes any sense. I can't tell if I like it yet... My hair is quite shiny, but I think it may be borderline greasy, which could possibly be from using the Aussie mousse in my hair last night... I'm not sure. So, I will have to wait until the next time(s) I use it, to give a clear review! The scent is almost exactly like the got2b Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm, which I don't really care for. It does have a little bit of a coconut "after smell" (is that even a real thing...?). I prefer fruity scents, so I'm not too keen on the scent, but it doesn't linger in the hair. Evidently it is supposed to keep hair sleek and straight for 3 days... but, does that mean curly hair, straight hair? I'm not quite sure! 

3) Aussie - Sprunch Mousse and Leave in Conditioner
   - This is not a new product for 2014, but it is a new product for me. I was looking for a light hold mousse, specifically to use when styling my bangs, and I just happened to pick this one up, because I have tried a few other products from Aussie, that I love. I took a shower tonight, and put this mousse all throughout my hair, it didn't scrunch, or make my hair look wavy, but it gave it a nice texture,  it looks quite bouncy, and full. It also did an amazing job at helping my bangs to stay put, and not split in the middle. Quite pleased with this so far! 

4) Herbal Essences Naked - Dry Shampoo (0% Parabens/Colorant)
   - I picked this up, because I love dry shampoo, and I have only found one that I like so far. The only dry shampoo that I actually have found decent is Batiste. Which is 7.99 a can, and I have only found it at Price Chopper, and Ulta. Seeing as I don't use it too often, it wasn't a crazy amount to pay... but, I have been using it more often, and I don't want to buy it again, to be honest. So, I grabbed this one from Herbal Essenses which was only 4.97, and there is more product in the can. It smells amazing. Like citrus and mint, and it comes out in a nice fine, even spray. I haven't tried it in my hair yet, but as soon as I do, hopefully I'll be able to write an in-depth review.

Will be putting up full reviews as soon as I have decided I have used the products enough to review them accurately!

Thanks for reading!

Are you excited about any products that have come out for 2014?



No comments:

Post a Comment