Wednesday, January 15, 2014

{ " Herbal Essences -Naked- Dry Shampoo " }

So, I picked up this dry shampoo in a hair product "haul" the other day. I have been searching for a good dry shampoo, that also has a decent price tag. Let me tell you, that is a difficult task! I have tried dry shampoo from Dove, Suave Professionals, Tresemme (which smells disgusting)and Not Your Mother's. I wasn't really pleased with any of them. Two of them had a very strong perfume, plus all of them were quite hard to blend into your hair. The only dry shampoo I like is Batiste which holds a price tag of $7.99 depending on where you buy it. The only time I have bought Batiste was at Price Chopper, when it had a rebate coupon attached to it. So, I sent in the coupon, and ended up getting the dry shampoo for free. I have to say it really stood up to all of the drugstore brands I had tried. I bought the scent Flirty and Floral Blush. I'm not a huge fan of floral scented products, but it smells better than the original. I am almost out of my can of Batiste, which lasts me for forever, because I probably use it once a week... But, nonetheless, I didn't feel like buying anymore. I would rather buy other things with that much money, and just use cornstarch in my hair.



Well, on to the actual subject of this post...
I picked up Herbal Essences -Naked- Dry Shampoo. The Naked line is a new line, and I am quite excited about it. So far they have taken all colorants, and parabens from the products, so I am just waiting for them to strip it all of sulfates! Anyways! This dry shampoo was $4.97, which isn't a bad price. I mean, nothing can beat Suave's price that is under $4.00, but if it doesn't work... then it's not worth any of the money spent.
So, Herbal Essences had two new dry shampoos. One was a volumizing citrus scent from the "body envy" line, and the other was the Naked one. I smelled them both, because I didn't want to get home with a dry shampoo that smelled awful, and not be able to return it! The citrus one was crazy. It smelled like fresh orange juice, but a little bit more sweet. I decided that one was probably too scented for my taste. (The Suave one was very citrusy also, and it lingered all day long.)
I then smelled the Naked one, and it hit the nail right on the head. It described as having a crisp essence of citrus and mint. That is exactly it. It starts out with a strong note of citrus, then fades into a cool mint. It is even slightly cooling on the scalp, which I love.

I didn't think I would get to use this right away, and I'll tell you now, honestly, that my hair does not get oily. I wait probably a good week before washing my hair, especially in the winter. Even though it's fine, it just doesn't get oily quickly. I basically use dry shampoo to give my hair a little bit more texture on the second, or third day after washing it, so it is not just flat on top of my head.
But, yesterday I used a heat protectant in my hair, that made my hair quite oily, and nasty looking (review for that product will come next week). I did not want to wash my hair again, especially after just having washed it the night before. The problem was that I was going out yesterday afternoon, so I couldn't go out with gross looking, oily hair. Then I had a brilliant idea! I decided to see what the Herbal Essences dry shampoo could really do. I lifted up the top layer of my hair, sprayed some underneath, then put the layer back down, and sprayed some right on top of my hair. I waited probably five minutes, and then brushed it out.
Well guess what. My hair looked freshly washed. It was also still slightly shiny. It hadn't made my hair dull, left a white cast, or left a weird feeling in my hair. I was actually amazed. The scent was a little strong at first, but it faded and was completely gone after about a half hour. I did go outside in the rain, and I could smell it quite a bit when my hair got wet! Overall I was so pleased by this. I didn't even use very much in my hair either. Probably two sweeps on either sides of my head, and one in the back. It blended so well, and just disappeared into my hair.

I used it today to freshen up my hair, (because for the first time in forever I woke up and my hair was still perfectly straight, and not crazy looking...) and it added life back, and helped my hair not to look so flat.

I absolutely love this dry shampoo, and I will definitely purchase it again, or another from the Herbal Essences line, if they come out with anymore. I would recommend this to anyone, probably even people with dark colored hair, seeing as I didn't see any white in my hair after using it. Even Batiste leaves a white powder before it's all blended well, and can still cause your hair to look dull.

Over all, I really like this one so far. 
I'm excited to keep using it!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered about this stuff! Good review. I might try it at some point. Hey! do you take requests for different reviews? If so, I would love any insights you have on doing your own french manicure. Whenever I try it, the white stuff starts chipping after like one day. ha ha. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete