Tuesday, September 17, 2013



I totally splurged on this nail polish. I have never bought an Essie polish full price, and I am not planning on buying another one anytime soon. Anyways, I bought this polish, because I had purchased a different color from Essie and, it ended up looking black. In the bottle it like a beautiful deep purple, on the nails it looked black with like... a purple undertone. All in all, I am not one to wear black on my nails, so I returned it. I swapped it out for this color, because I love grey polish, but I finished up the bottle I had from NYC. I actually had finished two bottles of the grey I previously had. I decided it was time for a new one! This grey is definitely a warm grey, at least... I think it is. It goes on smoothly, and is completely opaque in two coats. I don't know how the lasting power is... seeing as I wore it with a top coat, and base coat, and then removed it all after three days. So, I'm not sure how well it will stay on on it's own, or if it stains. I know from other Essie polishes I have had, that they don't stay on very long. I have also heard other people don't have good luck with them not chipping either. So, I suppose they're not quite worth the price, but their color choices are almost endless. It's like you can get the exact color you want. I can't wait until their fall collection comes out! Except for the fact that I will then have to resist the temptation to buy a new color... Nail polish is waaaay too addicting. I'll admit it, I have far too many nail polishes. I will upload some "on the nail" shots the next time I have this polish on my nails.

Right now I am sporting a peacock green which I will have a post about next week, because I am totally in love with the color combination on my nails.

Have a great week everyone!
Enjoy the crisp fall air, and the little things,

No comments:

Post a Comment