Tuesday, September 24, 2013

{ " Limp Hair? " }



Well, most people don't like to wash their hair every single day. If you do, there's no problem with that! I personally don't wash my hair every single day, because I normally blow dry it after showering. So, I don't want to have to blow dry my hair every single day. It doesn't too long, but it takes a good ten minutes, then possible straightening. It takes time, and then it also damages my hair to blow dry it and straighten it so often. I have been trying to stay away from straightening, or curling unless I'm going out, or for church on Sunday. On normal days that I shower I just blow dry my hair on medium heat with our ancient (literally) blow dryer. Now that my hair is easy enough to put into a dutch braid, or a little tiny bun that is sometimes my choice for second or third day hair. I wash my hair every other day normally, but sometimes I can go a bit longer.

Normally on even the second day, my hair has already fallen flat and limp against my head. No one likes that. Well... some people probably do, but I don't. My hair is already flat, and thin, so when it is weighed down it looks even worse. For a while I was using dry shampoo to put a little bit of volume back, but I ran out... Which meant I had to find another way to fix my limp and lifeless hair! I thought of how when I blow dry my hair, I dry it about 95% of the way, before flipping my head upside down and blasting it with heat. It gives the right amount of volume without being absolutely insane looking. If I blow dry my hair upside down completely it looks crazy. Like a straight afro. No lie.

Then... an idea sparked in my little blonde head. What if I flip my head upside down, and blast it with heat from the blow dryer when it's dry? Well, I tried it out, and guess what... Awesome results! I then spray it with some fine hold hairspray, and I'm normally good to go. Even after I straighten my hair sometimes I blast it with the blow dryer. Awesome thing is that it takes like 2 minutes, and it seems to revive the volume.

That is my tip this Tuesday! I hope it was helpful to someone!

Enjoy the little things,


No comments:

Post a Comment