Friday, September 20, 2013

{ " L'Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm " }


Friday Favorite #1


Let's start off by saying this is a "YouTube Made Me Do It" product. I never would have thought of trying this without having seen so many people rave about it on YouTube. So I spent the killer $4.97 on it at Walmart. *wink* This product has a lot of claims with it. Like right on the front where it says, "Repairs up to 1 year of damage in 1 use". Not quite sure if that's true, seeing as my hair wasn't too damaged when I bought it. It is specifically for chemically treated, dry, rough, and dull hair as it states on the back of the container. My hair wasn't exactly rough, or dry, but it was getting a bit dull. I have never chemically treated my hair either, so that wasn't really something I had to look forward to "erasing" with this. I guess, now that I'm thinking about it... I had no reason to buy it. Well, I'm glad I did!

The first time I used this product was bad. I used it as directed, after shampooing... I then let my hair air dry. After about an hour it was barely drying, and felt slightly sticky. I went to bed and got up the next morning to very dull, still slightly sticky hair. I was quite concerned, and pretty upset actually. So, I showered again, but didn't use this product again. I was bummed that I couldn't return it seeing as I bought it at Walmart, and they won't take back products like this.

Well, I decided to try it out again a couple of days later. This time I rinsed it out as well as I could (so even more than I would rinse out conditioner), and then I blow dried my hair afterwards (as I normally do). Let me just say... WHOA. My hair felt so soft, was incredibly shiny, and very light and airy looking. I actually had volume to my hair for once. I mean, my hair even looked soft. Which is not normal for me. I use it almost each time I shower (or twice a week) now, because I use high heat on my hair, about every other day. I am in love with this product, and don't really have any thing negative to say about it's performance.

The scent of this is really nice. It's was a little "grannyish" smelling at first, but the scent wore on me, and now I love it. Also, mixed with the scent of my strawberry shampoo my hair smells downright yummy.

The consistency is a very thick conditioner. It's called a balm, and it's really a creamy balm. I love the texture of it, and how it seems to melt right into my hair. It has no sulfates, and the list of ingredients isn't too long... I'm pretty sure there aren't any parabens either, but this is in no way a "natural" product. But, L'Oreal isn't normally too packed with nasty ingredients. The one downside to it for me is that it contains hydrolyzed wheat protein, which normally causes my scalp and forehead to break out. Though, I have been washing my face with a cleanser after I rinse the hair mask out of my hair, to hopefully clean any wheat products right off of my face before they can do anything. It has not bothered my scalp at all so far, which is awesome, because normally products with wheat in them affect my skin immediately. I'm really hoping it continues on this way, because I will be super sad if I have to stop using this amazing product.

I would totally recommend this to anyone! No matter what your hair length is, texture is, or color is! Especially if you dye your hair, or chemically treat it in any way, this could be a life saver. It's like a luxury hair mask for under $5.00! Who can beat that? No one.

So, go get you some!

Enjoy the little things!


No comments:

Post a Comment