Thursday, September 12, 2013

{ " Maybelline Color Whispers " }


There was a lot of hype over the Color Whispers by Maybelline when they first hit the shelves. They were marketed as a lipstick that was not really as opaque, but easy to build up, moisturizing, and very creamy. Like a whisper of color over your lips. So, I of course, decided to take a chance and buy some. I bought mine on a BOGO sale, so I didn't pay full price for all of them. Which is good, because they retail around 6.99. The price is a bit steep, and I would buy anymore unless there is another sale. I purchased a couple, and I really enjoyed the formula, and the colors. The color pigmentation of these is very light (but of course if you want a heavier pigmentation there are regular lipsticks for that). They build very easily though, and can be more than just a wash of color, if you want to layer it up.


Let's talk about the packaging. This immediately drew me in. I love almost anything pretty, and girly. These happen to be both of those. The fonts used are so appealing, and the colors of the packaging are just so beautiful. I love the contrast of the light covers with the silver font, and tube. I kind of just want to display them somewhere in my room, because they're so charming.



(I apologize for my poor swatching abilities... I'm working on that.)
The only color that I own that has any "shimmer" to it is Pin Up Peach (30). The others are just creamy colors. 

My favorite color is Lust for Blush (25), and Coral Ambition (35) comes in close second. I have not worn the red color very much, because I am slowly trying to get myself into wearing more bold lip colors for the fall. IT has a bit of a berry undertone, and is more like a raspberry, than a classic red. 

All-in-all I would recommend these for anyone who wants an easy, light wash of color on the lips. 

Remember to enjoy the little things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment