Thursday, September 19, 2013

{ " NYC Liquid Lipshine " }



Another review is here!
I thought about making a theme for each (or every other) day of the week, then posting something to do with that theme. Like... Favorites FridayTip Tuesday, Manicure Monday... and, I couldn't think of anything for the other two days. I would probably only be posting the five days of the week, or maybe three days in the week and Saturday or Sunday. Not quite sure yet, but I'll be figuring it out! 

Anyways! Today is just a review for the NYC Liquid Lipshine glosses. I just pick these up at Walmart for under $2.00. I'm sure they're probably a bit more if you were to buy them at CVS, or Walgreens, but I don't worry about having to return a lipgloss that's under $2.00 if I don't like the color... The first one of these I purchased was sometime last year, and I used it until it was completely gone. I ended up using it just like a lip moisturizer, because I loved using it so much. The first color I purchased was a light, very shimmery, pink. It was a gorgeous, and very low-maintenance color. I wore it just about every day, and I thought about repurchasing it when I finally ran out. Then I bought another, and I used that one up too. The label even wore off of it, so I can't even tell you guys what color it was... 
So, I decided to purchase a couple more, since I loved the previous glosses I had. I purchased some fall colors, as it seemed fitting for the season. They still do not cease to amaze me. I absolutely love these glosses! 

They are definitely more of a gel gloss, rather than being creamy at all. They are not sticky in the least. I can't stand sticky glosses, and these are slightly thick, but comfortable on the lips. The wear time is like a normal gloss. They don't wear for very long, but the darker color (Wine n Dine) does leave a slight stain. I don't mind glosses that leave a bit of a stain, as long as they don't feather and leave stains on the skin around my lips. 


The lighter color (left) is Midtown Mulberry (581), and the darker is Wine n Dine (587). Both have awesome pigment for a gloss. They are lighter when on my skin than they are in the tube, or on the lips. 

Midtown Mulberry (581) is a light berry color. It's not exactly red, or pink... It kind of reminds me of a raspberry with a tiny bit of purpley undertone. It is not as strawberry looking on the lips as it is in the photo above. It has a bit of micro-shimmer, but not so much that it's like, SPARKLES EVERYWHERE. So, it's a very wearable, sophisticated gloss. It's an everyday color, and probably could be taken into the evening over a red lip. I like to layer it over my Revlon Lip Butter in the color Berry Smoothie. 

Wine n Dine (587) is much darker on the lips than pictured above. I do love it though. It is definitely a very bold color for me, and it is taking some getting used to. I'm trying to try out some plum, and mauve lips for the fall and winter time. This is a good little push in that direction. It is a deep reddish purple on the lips, with a tiny bit of shimmer. I really love the look of this gloss on the lips, it is very dark, but wearable. It does not look "vampy" in the least. I think it looks quite good with my skin tone, and I've worn it a few times at home to get myself used to the dark color. Overall, it's a great fall color. 

I would recommend these glosses to anyone who's looking for a steal-of-a-deal at the drugstore! 

Enjoy the little things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment