Saturday, September 21, 2013

{ " Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipstick " }

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Lipstick
Premier Plum

Well, I have not written a bad review yet... because I normally research products before I buy them. I'm not typically one to try random products out just for the thrill of it. But, I was at CVS this morning, and Revlon was having a deal, where if you bought one of their Colorstay products you got $4.00 in Extrabucks. So, I decided to try out this "liquid lipstick". I got it in the color pictured, called Premier Plum. I was super excited about the color, as it is a gorgeous fall color. It is a true plum, but it is not too bold. It has just the right amount of shimmer, and it just looked gorgeous in the tube. It looked just as beautiful when I swatched it on my hand. And, even on my lips it was stunning as long as I could get it on evenly.  So, I put it on my lips in the Walmart parking lot. Bad idea. First of all, it is extremely hard to get even on the lips, and you can't just rub your lips together to even out the color. It just makes it worse. (It smelled so weird too...) I ended up somehow having a purple ring around my lips. So, I had to clean that off with a baby wipe, before trying it again. Once again, bad idea. I finally got it evened out on my lips, and I headed into the store. By the time I came out my lips were sticking together, and they felt super stiff and dry. Most annoying thing ever! Every time I rubbed my lips together it was horrible. I figured, because of the formula that was likely to happen. So, I brushed that away. I was going out again when I got home, so I reapplied it. But, this time I put a lip balm under it, and a lip gloss over it. I drove out to Kohl's, and checked the color before I went into the store. It looked pretty amazing, and didn't feel too yucky on my lips. Halfway through our shopping trip I rubbed my lips together and realized they didn't feel right. So, in the dressing room I checked. Yep. I had little beads of the lip color all over my lips, and an outline of it too. I was so embarrassed, and wondered how long I had been walking around with little purple fuzzy looking beads on my lips. Just awesome. So, I wiped that off as well as I could, and I am not using it again.

Thankfully I bought it from CVS, so I will have no problem returning it and getting my cash back. I haven't ever bought a lip product that was this bad. I don't know if I was doing something wrong... but, it is just horrible. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Besides the color being absolutely beautiful, I have nothing good to say about this product. Do not be tempted to buy one of these just, because it says something about lasting 24 hours. Sure it does, if you want to have stiff lips for the rest of the day and worry about checking every five minutes to make sure you haven't caused it to rub off and get all beady looking.

I love Revlon lip products. But this...

Just no.

Enjoying every little thing, except this liquid lipstick,

No comments:

Post a Comment