Sunday, December 15, 2013

{ " GARNIER Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream " }




So, about two weeks ago I purchased the Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing-Gel cream, because I was in need of a new moisturizer, and I was curious to try this. I had been using my Pond's Moisturizer for quite some time, and I loved it. 

This did not do the trick. 

First of all, for those of you who might not have gotten it from the title, it is a gel. There is nothing cream about it. It is a straight up gel. In fact, I almost spilled it the first time I opened it! 

It is apparently formulated for dry skin. I was pretty sure I had "normal" skin, but evidently I don't... I ended up with some dry patches on my skin after using this as my moisturizer for about a week. Now I have a nice dry patch between my eyebrows, and my nose started to look dry. Which is a bummer, seeing as I had "normal to dry" skin before. So, this definitely is not very moisturizing, which I was warned about before I bought this. It also left my skin feeling kind of stiff. Almost as if it was drying my skin out. Do you know that feeling after you wash your face? Before you put your moisturizer on again your face feels dry and kind of stiff. Well, that is how this moisturizer makes my skin feel. The first time I put it on it burned like... whoa. It scared me to be honest. I didn't expect it to burn. Like my face felt hot, and turned all red. Which was a little bit frightening. It did the same thing the second time I used it too. I'm not sure if it was just an ingredient that irritated my skin at first, or if it was just the new product. But, it was bad. 

About three days after using it I developed a bunch of pimples (that's a weird word) on my forehead, one on my cheek, and one beside my nose. That was frustrating, because not to "brag" I never ever breakout. I have clear skin for the most part - unless I use a product that has gluten in it, and might come in contact with my face. So, the fact that I suddenly broke out after using this product for a little while, led me to believe it was from this product. I continued to use it, but wiped my blemishes with an alcohol swab after putting on the moisturizer. The blemishes eventually went away, and haven't come back. I'm guessing it's just my skin's reaction to a new product. 

It smells clean. It isn't super perfumed, but it does have a scent to it. Maybe a little bit flowery? The scent goes away as soon as it sinks into the skin though.

This gel is very refreshing when first put onto the skin. It feels very cooling, and certainly wakes you up if you use it early in the morning! It feels really nice when you first smooth it onto your skin, but it takes a little bit to soak in completely. It didn't really leave a soft finish on my skin, smooth, but not soft. 

I won't purchase this product again, but I'll use it up, seeing as I can't return it. I would recommend this to someone with normal, or even combination skin, but I don't like it for my own skin. It certainly is not for dry skin, in my opinion. 

I'm pretty sure that was all over the place... but, hopefully you get the gist.

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it interesting how various products can react so differently for someone else? Although I do have to say, now that you've mention it, I think I remember having the feeling of my face being a little "stiff" after using it…

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fascinating how our bodies react to things. This certainly didn't work for my face! It's a shame too, because I was quite excited about it. The stiffness wears off eventually, but it's annoying at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Sarah, because it works really well for me with moisturizing, though right after I put it on it feels stiff. But my skin does not dry out with it! I have the other kind...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its possible that since I went from an intense moisturizer, to this, that it made my skin feel more dry than usual. :) It is interesting how different things work for different people! I just happened to get a couple of dry spots using this particular moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete