Monday, December 30, 2013

{ " Nail Art - Week Two " }

Everyone have a good laugh right now, because I'm not going to be able to keep this at one nail design a week... It's going to have to be Part One, and Part Two, because I normally paint my nails twice every week.


Please don't mind the little heart on the side of my hand. I was doodling earlier, and it would not come off!

So I did my nails this evening, whilst multitasking, and I decided to do this kind of holiday look. 
It reminds me of the holidays at least! Purple is a celebratory color, isn't it? Eh, I don't know!

Polish used:
- COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant - Grapevine 310 (Purple)
- SHANY Cosmetics Nail Art Polish - 10 (Black)
- SHANY Cosmetics Nail Art Polish - 11 (Silver Glitter)
- Out the Door Top Coat

I applied two coats of the purple, and let them dry before using the black nail art polish (which has a striping brush) to draw small lines starting almost halfway down my nail, applying a very light amount of pressure to the tip. I varied the length of the lines, and made a couple of them a little bit curved. I let that layer dry for quite a while, before brushing over the black lines with the silver glitter. I put a little bit between the black lines as well. I really love how it came out. Before I put the glitter polish on, my nails looked incomplete. As soon as I added the glitter I knew they were finished! I slapped on my topcoat, and there we have it. 

Hopefully I'll be able to find a good base and top coat soon, so I can keep my manicure for more than one or two days. I have found that wearing rubber gloves while washing the dishes helps prevent chips a little bit. But, it's kind of a pain in the bum! 

Anyways, hope you all liked this week's manicure. :) There will probably be another one up before the end of the week! 

Enjoy your week everyone! Happy New Year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment