Friday, December 27, 2013

{ " nail art - week one " }


I ended up getting an awesome set of nail striper polishes from Shany Cosmetics, for Christmas.
It contains 24 colors, ranging from a neon pink, sparkles, reds, blues, pretty much everything in between. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, and I was so excited to use them.

So, today I decided to try out a simple nail design, and it actually came out pretty decent!
I am disappointed with my index finger on my left hand, because the middle line came out so thick, but like I said, the manicure came out pretty decent.


I was inspired by a manicure by MissJenFABULOUS on YouTube (third manicure in this video - link). She used two neon colors, and then did the black stripe down the middle, and three stripes on either side of the stripe. After I did my first nail I decided that I actually liked it with the lines on one side, rather than both.

I absolutely love the color combination that I chose. I didn't initially think I liked the colors together, and I decided to try it. I never would have put these colors together, but now I'm so glad I did!

The green polish is Orly "Cochella Dweller", and the coppery color (which is much more reddish toned than shown in the photo) is Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant "Timeless Rubies". The striping polish I used is by Shany Cosmetics and is number 17 from their Nail Art Set 1 - Beautiful Variety (but, of course any black or charcoal striping polish would work).

I painted one side of each nail with two coats of the green, then painted the other half with the copper color. I then simply painted a line down the middle with the striper, and lightly painted three shorter slightly angled lines on the side with the copper. I also varied the side of the nail I put each color on, but you could do the same on all nails.  I then finished out with my Out the Door fast drying top coat after a few minutes.

I am looking for a new basecoat, so I haven't been using one lately. Does anyone know of any decent basecoats? I was looking into the CND Stickey basecoat, but I can't figure out if you can buy it in any stores. I'm going to take a ride out to Sally Beauty soon, so I'm hoping I can find a decent basecoat there.

Well, that's all for now! I'm hoping to post a new nail art photo each week, but we'll see what happens. I also got some amazing nail stamping plates, so I've been playing around, and practicing with those as well.

Thanks for reading!
Live in the moment,



No comments:

Post a Comment