Monday, December 2, 2013

{ " Wet n Wild Megalast Nail Polish - Under Your Spell " }



Happy December everyone!


I have probably six of the Wet n Wild Megalast nail polishes, and I absolutely love them.
So last week when I was in CVS I spied a gorgeous duo-chrome burgundy red color. I was super excited about it, because it is a gorgeous color for fall and winter.

Let me start off by saying I love the brushes on these polishes. I can't even stress that enough. The brushes are absolutely wonderful. I love how I can go over my nail in one even sweep, and not have to worry about it building up from having to go over it several times.

I have always loved the Megalast polishes because of their opacity, and gorgeous colors. They don't have too many colors, but the color range they have is decent.


This picture makes this polish look extremely brown, but in the bottle it looks more on the deep red side. 
I applied the first coat and it came off super light, and a little streaky. It's not opaque in the least on the first coat. That could have been the fact that I apply my nail polish in very thin coats, but I think it's just the polish. The other Megalast polishes I have tried have been opaque in even the first coat. 

Here is pictures of the first coat, then the second coat. 


As you can see, the first coat is like an olive green, and brown. I was super nervous when I saw that color... I was totally put off, and was even tempted to take the polish off. The second coat then revealed the real color, which is indeed a reddish, burgundy, brown. I am quite pleased with the color, though the second coat is still streaky in some places. I could probably pull off a third coat, but I didn't feel like waiting for it to dry. 


Overall I like this polish, it's not amazing, but it's pretty. I'll probably pair it with some gold glitter, or even red glitter sometime. 

I'll be reviewing another polish from Wet n Wild, from the Fergie line soon, so look out for that! 

Enjoy the little things!

No comments:

Post a Comment