Sunday, December 1, 2013

{ " Hair Growth - Two Months " }


Well... this month wasn't exactly about the growth. It was more along the lines of the next step to growing my hair out. I quite frankly got sick of the angled bob, and with the fact that I could curl the front, and braid the front, and la-dee-da the front, but I couldn't do anything to the back. That was the most frustrating thing to me. I thought growing out the back to my collar bones, then cutting the front would be a good idea. Pssh, no. Did I really think I was going to last two or three more months, and then end up having a weird looking grown out angled bob? I did think I was. But, I thought wrong.

I headed over to SmartStyle in Walmart (like always now), and decided on a shampoo, cut and blowout. I had a different stylist this time, and he was awesome. He was really (yes, I'm going to use the word sweet, no, I don't have a "crush" on him now) sweet, and totally sociable. I brought along this picture:


I knew my hair was going to be quite a bit shorter than her hair, because of where the shortest part in the back started. So, basically he evened out the ends of my hair, so it's all one length. I think that took about three or even four inches off of the front of my hair. He then dusted the back, and took off about a 1/2 inch or less. 

He layered it like crazy. I think my hair looks similar to this photo from the side... but, the back is kind of insanity. I really hated the back at first, to the point where I was actually angry about it. I then reminded myself that hair grows, and before I know it it will be just about back to collar bone length! I don't mind the length in the back (as he took barely anything off). The layers though! Oh my word. I have never had so many layers in my hair. After he blowdried it (first of all it looked very very big) I almost cried when I saw the back. It looked like he just cut one straight layer into the back. One very short straight layer. I feel like he went a little more intense with the layers than in the picture above. They're just super chunky layers I suppose. They're like intensified layers from my angle I had before. This was my first "bad" salon experience, and it doesn't even look bad. It's just not what I wanted. I am kind of getting used to the layers now, and I like how they add lift at the crown, and add a lot of texture to my normally limp, fine hair. I've been playing around with my hair wax today too, and I like the kind of "messy" look it gives. Layers seem to grow out in a month anyways. I think as soon as they're not as like "BAM LAYERS" I'll be okay. 

One of the girls at the salon said the cut looks great with my profile... which is pretty cool seeing as I couldn't figure out if I liked it or not. At the time I was kind of dying inside, mostly because of the huge hair, and the "bang" layers in the back. 

I apologize in advance about the horrible quality of the photos... I was having some issues. 
My mirror is not the best mirror to take photos in, because of the positioning of my light in my room.

So let's attempt to make them "Instagramish" ;) 


See that huge chunk of layers on the right side in the back? It's aggravating me. Also, my head is tilted in the photo on the right, don't worry the hair isn't uneven! Unfortunately I did notice that on the side of my head without my bangs, the front is much shorter than the back. So he kind of screwed that up, which is a bummer. Thankfully it's not super noticeable, and I'm probably the only one who can see it. It's just a bummer. Again, I was looking for a cut with some soft layers that got shorter toward the back, not the cut that I got. I'll deal with it though, and definitely not go back to him.
Anyways, I'm excited to play with quite short hair again as it's growing out. As I look back it will be grown out before I know it! I'm going to be going with a "messy" or... textured look for quite a while, because once my hair is longer and the layers are grown out it's back to Limp Town for me. ;)

So yeahh. 
There is my incredibly long update!

Step two is complete! 

Coco Chanel once said: 

Well. 
Life changing... here I come!
Here goes nothin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment