Monday, December 9, 2013

{ " Violet VoxBox " }




So, I received my Violet VoxBox in the mail last week.
I waited so long to post this, because I wanted to have some time to try out the products, before finalizing my review on them.

I was very excited to get the box, because of the description that was sent to me.


So, the box was purple. 
As soon as I saw this bright purple box sitting on the mailbox I ran down the driveway to retrieve it. Probably the most exciting moment in my life for a long time. I opened it up, and this is exactly what I saw. I didn't remove anything from the box before taking this picture.


I apologize for not turning over the SoyJoy bar... I didn't even think of that at the time. 

So, the products were in there, with a little note card that listed off all of the products, description, and their prices. 

According to the little card my box is worth over $25.00, which is pretty cool! 

So, let's start this "review" shall we? 

1) Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish - Retail Price: $4.99 - Color: Flamed Out - Description: New Triple Shine Nail Color! Daily defense from water and wear. Get ready for the shiniest nails ever! Water to workout, day in and day out, nothing will dull these nails. Available in 30 shades.

Product Review: I hadn't tried this nail polish before, but I had been tempted to grab it the few times I saw it at CVS, or Ulta. Let me just say... I'm so glad I didn't. "Shiniest ever"? No way. I applied two coats of this onto clean dry nails, and it was not shiny. So, then I read somewhere that you had to apply three coats. So, I added another. Shiny yet? Uhmm... Nope. I don't know, maybe I need the top coat to with it. The color is gorgeous, and it's completely opaque in two coats, which is nice. The wear time is not good, it chipped the next day, and I ended up removing it. I would not recommend this polish to anyone, and I will definitely not pay $4.99 for a bottle. I would look into trying the top coat though, maybe that will shine things up. I'll definitely wear this polish, but I'll be putting a top coat over it! I don't know, maybe my nails just aren't shine worthy. 

2) Goody Athletique Headbands - Retail Price: $6.00 - Description: Goody Athletique provides hold and comfort so you can be physically active and strong in body and mind. 

Product Review: I don't "work out" so... I didn't use this headband for exercizing or anything like that. I actually used it to keep my hair back to wash my face. I'm not sure how to review a headband... Other than saying it fit my head well, and didn't slip or slide. It's quite wide, and kept all of my hair back away from my face. The fabric is soft, and I love the bright colors! 

3) SOYJOY - Retail Price: $0.99 - Description: SOYJOY is an all-natural gluten free snack bar made with non-GMO soybeans and real fruit pieces. Between 130-140 calories, SOYJOY is a great on-the-go snack or it can be enjoyed warm (unwrap and microwave for 8-10 seconds for a "fresh -baked" experience!) with coffee or tea.

Product Review: Well here we go again... now do you review a snack bar? First of all, I received the banana bar... and we know I have a hatred for anything banana. Of course that put me off immediately. I'll be honest, as soon as I opened the wrapper I got this huge whiff of banana. I took a *nibble* literally, and gave the rest to my mother, who enjoyed it. Again, how do you review a snack bar? It's all personal preference. It's great that it is gluten-free though, so if I had liked banana, I totally could have eaten it! These would definitely be worth buying for a little snack on the go, and I love the idea of heating them up in the microwave, absolutely genius! I might try the different flavors a different time, just to see how I really like them.

The last product was a "surprise" product. Everyone either got a QuikStyle brush, a dry shampoo, or a clay mask. I obviously ended up with the brush. 

4) Goody QuikStyle - Retail Price: $12.99 - Description: Goody QuikStyle lets you go from wet to beautifully styled hair faster than ever! Super absorbent microfiber bristles remove water as you style. It's like a towel and brush all in one. 

Product Review: I was very excited to get this brush in my box, especially considering the price. I'm glad I didn't buy it all of those times I was tempted to. Basically this is a hairbrush with microfiber bristles in it. It's supposed to help with removing extra water after your hair has been washes, thus giving less dry time. So, the first time I used it I used it after having my hair up in a towel for like a minute. It didn't seem to do much at all, and the bristles were barely wet. Now, I have short, fine hair, so I'm not sure if that could have been the issue... or what. Then I used it again, and used it on wet hair straight out of the shower. First of all, there was a ton of hair in the brush itself. Normally I comb my hair out of the shower, and there's no fall out. This brush evidently promoted fall out. I didn't think it helped to dry my hair in any way. My mom used it, and she said normally when she brushes her hair the water "flicks" down her back, but using this brush she didn't have that happen. So, my mom loves it! Once again, personal preference is seen here too. I wouldn't ever spend $12.99 on this brush, and I wouldn't advise that anyone does. It's not worth it when you can throw your hair up in a towel for like 5 minutes and have it half way dry, at least I can with what little hair I have. ;) It was great to be able to try the product though, and now my mom uses it every time she showers!

It was fun to be able to review products that I was sent, and I would like to do it again! 

Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment