Wednesday, December 4, 2013

{ " Jordana Twist and Shine Balm Stains " }


I had heard about the Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stains for quite some time on YouTube. They were "all the rage" for a while, and just about everyone was raving about them. They evidently are a great dupe for Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.

I only own one of Revlon's JBKBS, and it's mediocre. I haven't been tempted to buy another. Their color range isn't the best, but then again, it does vary from nudes to reds, with a purple in there somewhere. I just don't care for most of their colors. The price of the JBSKS runs anywhere from 6.99 and up. Which is crazy for a "balm" to me. Yes, they have pigment, but I still don't think it's worth the price.

The Jordana Twist and Shine Stains are 2.99 at Walgreens, and they often have BOGO sales on Jordana cosmetics.

I own three colors, one of which I just picked up yesterday:

Swatches left to right:
06 cranberry crush; 02 sweet pink; 05 honey love
Packaging front to back:
05 honey love; 06 cranberry crush; 02 sweet pink

06 cranberry crush is a classic deep cranberry color. It is one of my favorite lip colors to wear, and I will definitely be replacing it once it is finished up. It's a very wearable "red", and I just absolutely love it. It is a gorgeous fall and winter color, but I'm sure I will wear it all year round. 02 sweet pink is your basic bright, hot pink. It is much brighter than the packaging looks, and is super opaque, so I usually wear it under a gloss. I'm pretty sure it is a cool toned pink, and I prefer it for summer and spring weather. 05 honey love is a classing mauve. It is a pinky, brown toned mauve. Unfortunately the swatch is showing up super brown, but is not actually that brown. I absolutely love this color, it's definitely warm toned, and a perfect everyday lip. I can't actually find any good swatches online, but I'll post one once I find one.

These "balm stains" are extremely opaque. Each swatch I have up there is two light passes over my skin. They apply like a dream, and the pointed "crayon" like tip help with easy application. After using them for a while the tip wears down, and it's just more like a flat crayon. Even still they apply wonderfully, and perfectly smooth. As far as the moisturizing aspect of them, I don't find them to be drying, but they also don't really moisturize my lips. They are definitely more moisturizing than any other stain you might try, but they won't replace my Lypsyl anytime soon.

They do stain the lips a bit. I have noticed with 06 cranberry crush that my lips are normally stained red afterward, but that often happens with dark lip colors anyways. The lasting power is supposed to be quite a while, but I don't think they last too long. Maybe two hours without eating or drinking? If you eat or drink the shine is gone, and you're left with a little bit of a stain, but nothing too opaque.

They don't really have a strong scent if any. I have heard people say they smell amazing, but to me they kind of just smell like those candy necklaces my nana used to bring us when we were little. Or maybe even Smarties. But, don't worry about a scent, because it's barely noticeable, and goes away immediately when applied to the lips.

The packaging looks almost identical to Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains. Except for the little silver twisty thing at the bottom, they are almost exactly the same. I quite like the packaging, I think it's adorable, and chic. I will give a word of warning, the colors on the tube aren't exactly like the colors you get when you put the product on your lips. Like 02 sweet pink was much brighter when I actually put it on my lips, compared to the case.

Quite frankly I can't find any "cons" with this product.
For the price, and the quality of the product I just think they're great!
I would most definitely recommend these to a friend.

As far as I know you can only find these at Walgreens right now, or on the Jordana website.

No comments:

Post a Comment