Friday, October 25, 2013

{ " Hair Growth - One Month " }

Well, as you probably already know, one month of hair growth is not very significant. But, I will show it anyways.

click here for post with initial cut

I have decided I am going to grow my hair out for two years. Of course I will not wait two years to get my hair trimmed, but I am not going to do any more major cuts. I have been longing for lengthy hair lately, mostly just to do buns, braids, and other things of that sort. I thought my "journey" might be helpful for other people who may want to grow out angled haircuts such as mine. I have been told, and have read that it is very difficult to grow out a graduated bob. First of all I am sure it's going to look silly when the front of my hair is down to my... let's say armpits... and the back is a good inch shorter. To keep that from happening once my hair is down to about my... armpits, in the front, (for some reason it's funny to type that) I will have it evened out, and have the front cut to match the back. Which also means I have about four inches to go until I can even it out, and then I'll have to have an inch cut off to make it even! This is going to be quite the process. But, as my hair is getting even the slightest bit longer in the front it's reminding me of how much I love to play with it, and how much I loved it long. So, I'm going on this "journey" to grow out my hair, and resist the temptation of cutting it for two years! I'm also hoping that in the event that I get married someday (it's possible), that I will have long healthy curls (after I curl my stick straight hair that is) cascading over my shoulders. Hey, a girl can dream!




If there was any growth it was only about 1/2" which is not noticeable. But, I figured if I was gonna do this whole thing, I might as well start with the first month! It does look like my layers may have grown out a bit, or softened at least. I didn't like how choppy they looked when I first had my hair cut, but now they're bearable. 

Believe it or not, I have a picture of myself with long hair up in my bedroom for inspiration. I only miss my long hair when I see it on myself. When I see other people with long hair it doesn't phase me. Then I see pictures of myself with long hair and I end up missing it. I don't regret cutting it, I just miss it. 

Well, here goes nothing! I'm going to try to post every month with pictures of the sides, back, and possibly the front depending on how my face looks that day... Hehe. 

Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment