Thursday, October 31, 2013

{ " Maybelline Color Sensational - The Elixir " }



Today I am going to talk about Maybelline's new Color Sensational© lip product called, THE ELIXIR. 

This has had a lot of hype lately, and I finally gave in to the hype, broke down (seeing as it had been a while since I picked up something to try), and bought one. I returned a nail polish, used a coupon and used the little bit of cash on this little beauty. 

It was worth every penny. So, let's split this into categories... so maybe it's a little more organized and helpful.

The color I bought is 095 Blush Essence which is a cool toned, kind of light dusty pink. If that makes any sense at all... it's a very hard color to explain. It's a very wearable color though!

- PACKAGING: 
I personally think the packaging is so sleek, and high-end looking. It is just a rectangle little tube, but the part holding the product is clear, with a little tube inside that shows you the exact color you are getting. Which is always nice, because I've bought a few lip products that it was almost impossible to see the real color of. I love the shiny silver cap, with the little black lettering against the crystal tube. I give the packaging five stars! It is small, but I've only finished an entire lip gloss like two times, so I wouldn't have asked for it to be any larger. 

- APPLICATOR: 
The applicator is pretty much a doe-foot applicator, but it is a bit bigger. It is very fuzzy looking, and extremely flexible and soft. I like how the end is quite pointed, which aids in outlining and getting a perfect application the first time around. 


- FORMULA:
The formula is amazing. It is very soft, and smooth feeling as it glides on. It does the job of a lipstick with the pigmentation, but it feels and looks like a gloss. I don't think it moisturizes like a balm, but that might just be that I have really dry lips. It has a very glossy finish, but the pigment is quite good. It doesn't last very long on the lips, but it lasts longer than your average gloss. 

- SCENT/TASTE:
The scent is very perfumey... It also has a very soapy taste if it gets in to your mouth.
Which is not pleasant in the least. I think they need to work on that... 

- PRICE: 
I have heard these go for around $8.00 in some drugstores, and they go as low as $6.49 in Bed Bath and Beyond. The original price of them at Walmart was $6.94, but I didn't end up paying that much, because of my coupon. I would say the price is a little high, especially because you don't get a ton of product. I won't buy another one for quite a while unless I find a crazy deal like BOGO-FREE, or something like that. 

Overall I give this product a four star rating. If it wasn't for the awful smell/taste I would rate them at five stars. But, the smell and taste is so off-putting. Also, the price is a bit much, and will probably keep me from purchasing more for a while. 

Well! That is my honest review on this product, if you have any questions be sure to leave them below. 
Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment