Wednesday, November 20, 2013

{ " got2be ~ Guardian Angel ~ Flat Iron Balm " }


For quite some time I had been using the TRESemme' Heat Tamers Spray, but after going through three bottles I decided to try something new. I had a coupon for $2.00 any got2be styling product. I would never have tried this product if I hadn't gotten the coupon.

The directions are to hold the bottle 8" - 10" away from hair. Spray dry hair in sections prior to flat ironing.

It protects up to 425 degrees, and claims it will make your hair sleek, and frizz-free.

I use it when blow drying also, and it gives my hair a great amount of texture! got2be does have a spray specifically for blow drying, but I haven't seen that one in Walmart yet.

So, let's start out with the normal (somewhat) categorized review!

SCENT: 
This product has a scent I can't really put my finger on. It doesn't smell good, but it doesn't particularly smell bad either. It is quite "perfumey" which you can take any way you want. I preferred the scent of the TRESemme' Heat Tamer. This one smells a little bit old... a little more flowery, and chemically. It's an interesting scent to say the least, but it's bearable. It does not really linger too much on the hair, and after about an hour there is no scent left.

TEXTURE: 
It is a spray... so it's liquid. It is not sticky, and very lightweight.

PACKAGING: 
The nozzle is amazing. I actually like it better than the TRESemme' bottle, which I didn't think was possible. It sprays in nice strong, even sprays, and the button is easy to press. The shape of the bottle is cute, and easy to hold in your hand as it's not bulky. My small hand fits around it great, and it's quite comfortable to hold.

OVERALL: 
I absolutely love this product overall. I love the way it makes my hair feel, as it doesn't make it sticky, but it gives it texture. I have very fine, and rather thin, hair, which makes it difficult to style. The way this coats my hair gives it just the right amount of texture, and helps to keep my style in longer. I don't see that it makes my hair very glossy, but I do love it anyways. Having fine hair, my hair is almost always soft, or smooth, so that isn't usually my goal when styling. I don't know if it's protecting my hair... but, I guess it is? How do you actually know if a heat protectant is working? I dunno.... Oh well! Use it anyways!

I'm trying to figure out a new way to write out my reviews, but I'm a little OCD so sorting things out has always been something necessary to me... I know I am not the best at reviews at the time, but I'm also thinking about setting up my tripod at some point and attempting a video review. I can explain things more successfully when I am actually talking about them... We'll see how that goes!

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment