Friday, November 29, 2013

{ " Mini Pampering Session " }


Tonight, as I realized how damaged the ends of my hair is I decided to take a little "pampering" time.

There are so many ways you could pamper yourself... I did the easy ones. It was all just spur of the moment too!

1) I decided it was about time to use a hair mask. So, I sprayed the ends of my hair with a little bit of my L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Multi-Restorative Dry Oil. If you spray your dry hair with this hair oil, it makes it super greasy. So, don't spray it on dry hair. Then I saturated my hair in Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin unrefined coconut oil. I usually use it solid, and as I work it into my hair it melts right in. It is super messy to use it melted I have found, so even when I used coconut oil on my hair in the summer I put it in the fridge first. It just helps to keep the mess down. I then clipped up my hair and waited about fifteen minutes before showering.

2) In the shower I rinsed out the coconut oil, shampooed my hair twice. Let me explain why I shampooed twice. After having an oil in your hair you need to make sure you get all of that oil out. I have made the mistake before of leaving coconut oil in my hair for about 30 minutes, then shampooing my hair once and conditioning like normal. In the middle of blow-drying my hair I realized the heavier side of my part was extremely greasy looking. So, just to be on the safe side I always shampoo my hair twice if I have had any kind of oil in my hair.

3) After shampooing my hair twice, I quite a bit of my L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm and completely saturated my hair from root to tip. I let that sit for about ten minutes, before rinsing it out. Now, I have to be super careful when rinsing out that particular hair balm, because it contains hydrolyzed wheat proteins, which cause my face and forehead to break out. It still gives me some sores on my head, but I just live through it for the time being.

4) Immediately after rinsing out the balm I washed my face with my Pond's Luminous Clean Daily Exfoliating Cleanser, like always. I have found if I wash my face immediately after using the balm which contains wheat proteins I can prevent breakouts on my face.

5) After getting out of the shower (and no, I did not only wash my hair) I used a facial/lip scrub that I made tonight. I simply mixed together:

• 2 teaspoons brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil
• 2 drops (literally) of lemon juice

I had a little tiny jar that literally only fit that much, so I made enough to fit.
So, I just massaged that into my skin until the sugar granules were all dissolved. Now my skin is super soft.

6) After towel drying my hair I spritzed it with a bit more of my L'Oreal Dry Oil, and then let it air dry about 80% of the way before blow drying it the rest of the way to tame down some frizzies.

7) Whilst waiting for my hair to dry I removed my old nail polish, and then massaged some Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream into my nails/cuticles. I let that soak in for a while before applying two coats of my Nailtiques Formula 2 nail strengthener.

So basically... now my hair is super soft, and healthier looking. I will probably go in for a trim sometime, because my ends are super split, and it's been 2 months since I last had my hair done. I'd rather keep the split ends down, even if it means losing a little bit of length for the time being.

Now I'm going to go eat some chocolate covered frozen strawberries, and watch some YouTube videos for a little while.

Have a splendid night everyone, and I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment