Wednesday, November 27, 2013

{ " Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks - First Impression " }


I want to apologize way ahead of time for my absolutely horrible "swatching" abilities. I did lip swatches... and then realized that my lens magnified all the little peach fuzz on my upper lip and around my mouth. Flaws. Everyone's got them. I have never like... felt the need to wax around my mouth... so I guess I just won't be doing any super close up lip swatches, huh? ;) Just thought I'd tell you all the reason for my entire face being in the swatch, rather than just my lips.

Anyhue, now that that's out of the way...

I recently bought two of the Wet n Wild Megalast Lipsticks at CVS. They are a steal at $1.99 a piece, and then they were 40% off, so I just had to try them.

Tati (GlamLifeGuru on YouTube) has mentioned a specific one called, "Think Pink" in many of her videos, and talked about how much she loved it. So, of course, I picked that one up. Then I also found another shade, which I absolutely adore. It's such a gorgeous color!

Left: Think Pink
Right: Wine Room

Left: Think Pink
Right: Wine Room


Left: Wine Room
Right: Think Pink

Yes, I am aware that I look terrified in the picture on the left, but whatever. Let's pretend it's high fashion, or modeling or something. ;)

First I will talk about the lipsticks together, then I will talk about each color individually.

~ The opacity of these lipsticks is absolutely incredible, as you can see in the arm swatches above. That is one "swipe", and that's it. I don't think I have ever had a lipstick that was that opaque. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, and I was shocked by how opaque they are.

~ The packaging is just a black tube. They are thinner than regular lipstick tubes, but I don't mind that. The packaging is cheap, sleek, but cheap.

~ The consistency is actually pretty creamy. The application was much easier with the darker color, but the consistency is pretty much like any matte. If your lips are not hydrated, and are flaky at all, it will pull and tug at your lips. I put on a lip butter about 15 minutes before I put on the lipstick, in order to keep my lips hydrated and have a smooth application. They kind of smell like a crayon, like legit. When I first smelled them, I immediately thought of crayons. They feel quite dry after a little while, but aren't super uncomfortable on the lips.

~ The wear time is actually pretty amazing, I mean compared to lip products I have tried. I put on the color Wine Room at around 4:15PM, and when I got home at 6:00PM it was still completely intact. The lip color had not budged at all, and hadn't started to peel or anything. I ate dinner, and it lasted through dinner, then I ended up wiping it off to do the swatch of the lighter color. I literally had to scrub it off of my lips, and my lips were still kind of red. I know almost two hours isn't that impressive of a time, but for me it was! They definitely stain, because I swatched them on my arm about three hours ago, and it's still there. The lighter color seemed to fade faster, but the darker color leaves quite a stain.

~ Wine Room  is a gorgeous brick red color. It is coming off true to color in the pictures. It is so beautiful, I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm not quite brave enough to wear a true red lipstick, but I feel like a matte red is more wearable than a glossy red for some reason. Anyways, the color is definitely a warm toned red, it's definitely not a cool toned red. For some reason I'm loving to wear cranberry lip colors, and darker lip colors, even though according to like... "beauty rules" you shouldn't wear dark lips without any other makeup. Hey look at me, the rebel. ;)

~ Think Pink is a cool toned baby pink. It is the perfect nude lip. I don't really like light/nude lip colors on myself, but this one is amazing. I don't think it makes me look too washed out, so I'll definitely be wearing it quite often, as long as I can get it to apply nicely.

~ The price is amazing. I mean, come on now. $1.99 for a lip color normally tells you that it's going to stink. But, these are pretty good.

I would definitely recommend Wine Room to a friend, and maybe even some of the other darker colors. I think the price I paid, which was actually $1.19 was well worth it.

I hope someone found this review helpful... and I'm gonna say, "Go git you some!" ;)

Have a great week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment